Mossycup Farms’ Coffee Rub brings this prime rib to a whole new level of flavor!
- 1 packet Mossycup Farms Coffee Rub
- 20 lbs Prime Rib
- Set out prime rib and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven or smoker to 350 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Lay prime rib on baking sheet with fat cap down and uncovered, and generously rub all surfaces with coffee rub.
- Roast for one hour at 350.
- Reduce heat to 250 until the internal temperature reaches 115 at the thickest part of the prime rib. (Monitor internal temperature often to prevent over cooking)
- Cover and allow to rest for 1 hour in a cooler or oven that is turned off with the door shut (can shorten this for a smaller roast to a half hour).
- Internal temperature at thickest part should reach 125 after resting so the center will be medium rare and the ends medium to well done.