Bacon fat is an excellent ingredient for salad dressings. It adds flavor and fat and goes well with any combination of salad greens and toppings.
Bacon Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1 tsp sweetener Sugar, agave syrup, or honey all work here.
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- Melt bacon fat and remove from heat.
- Season melted fat with sweetener and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk in mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Toss with your favorite salad greens and toppings.