I’ve made this recipe twice in the last month – once for the Field Day we hosted at our farm in August and again this weekend for the Preservation Celebration at the Central Gardens of North Iowa. It’s pretty fabulous when smeared on some crusty sourdough bread. Another option is to make this recipe with half lard and half butter.
Whipped Lard with Herbs
- Electric Mixer
- 2-3 cups Mossycup Farms Leaf Lard
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Scape, Shallot, or Scallions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Herbs parsley, chives, rosemary, thyme, etc.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over low heat until lard has melted and is clear.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and chill until firm.
- Using an electric mixer, whip until fluffy.
- Keep chilled and serve with bread or crackers.