Bacon fat is an excellent addition to a snack food like popcorn. Ditch the butter for bacon fat and enjoy the extra flavor and depth it gives this snack. You’re welcome!
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan or parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 1/4 cup bacon fat in a large aluminum pot.
- Add a few popcorn kernels. When they start popping, add remaining 1/4 cup of popcorn.
- Cover pot, and cook, stirring every minute. When popping slows, remove from heat and dump in serving bowl.
- Toss popcorn with parmesan cheese and pepper.