This recipe can be made with any all purpose flour or milk. 3 of the 4 people in our house are gluten and dairy free so I use this gluten free flour and full fat coconut milk. Using lard in the recipe gives the waffles a nice, crispy outer shell. These are our kids favorite and is the recipe we make when we have overnight guests and want “normal” tasting allergy friendly waffles. Enjoy!
Interested in purchasing lard to render and cook with at home? Contact us for details. Did you know that when you purchase a custom whole or half hog share the Ventura Locker will render the lard for you? Check out our online store for details on reserving a pork share.
Our Go-to Waffle Recipe
- Preheat waffle iron and coat with lard or cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well (batter should be a bit thick).
- Scoop batter onto hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup or your favorite toppings.